Thursday 28 April 2016

my greatest mystery

i wish i could paint you or draw you.
i wish i could write you with words-
books and books of you.
i wish i could play you on the stage;
all that you are in one performance.
i wish i could make perfume of you-
capture your scent forever.
you in once embrace, just to hold;
still and strong.
i wish i could sing you out- 
a song my heart knows well.
i want to see you in the eyes of strangers
and looking back at me in the mirror.
be my reflection
i'd like to take your picture...
but i can't.

there are not enough water colours to paint you,
not even the greatest imagination holds a picture of you.
there are no words worthy or true enough.
all that you are could never be played, like a character,
made of merely human parts.
your scent too fragment to take in.
you are my greatest mystery
i will not stop searching

No comments:

Post a Comment