Wednesday 21 May 2014

#boniverandpineapplejuice

#abouttoday...

"after a good 2 and a half hrs on the bike, i rode back at night and the streets were lit up and alive and the cool breeze was flowing through my hair and i felt safe while i was moving and i thought "if you keep moving you won't get hurt". i had reached the hostel but didnt want the bike ride to end, so i went up and down the highway by the beach. Singing Bon Iver to myself along the open road, the street light flickered above me and i looked up and breathed in and it was just a perfect moment. I love the beach at night.

That night back at the hostel, i met Wayne, a friendly englishmen who had seen me walking on the beach earlier that day. He said he knew it was me because of the flowers in my hair. we talked for a couple of hours while i cleared out the pineapple juice that had spilt through my bag on the bike ride... He thought it was strange to see a 'westerner' wearing a face mask. i said "you know you're not that different right? i mean- you know we're all just people? besides everyone's doing it; im just keeping up with the fashion..." he laughed. 
"So what are you doing here; you had a love that ended in heartbreak or you buried someone under your floorboards?" 
"are they my only options>?" i replied.
"basically" he said
"well, i choose 'C'- all of the above" we both laughed.
"yes, i believe thats the way it usually happens." he remarked.

ive been in Vietnam for a week now and have written 76 pages of A4 notes. Wayne laughed at me for writing and said maybe i think too much and i said maybe everyone thinks too much, its just the quility of thought that varries...i guess sometimes you've just got to get out whats inside. Its seems that as soon as the thoughts touch the paper more and more and more flood me... #drowninginthought. This trip is, i think, the most selfish act i've followed through with but im deturmined to turn it into something better than that..."

No comments:

Post a Comment