Wednesday 21 May 2014

#whereareyoufriends...

#abouttoday

"This morning i woke to white light, the echoing sound of children playing and some kind of woodwind instrument and i asked myself if i was still dreaming but my dreams had never been like this.
I walked onto the balcony and saw the primary school across the road. The pastel colours of the rooftops combined with the white haze over the city was indeed a sight...my eyes didn't believe my eyes.

Da Nang is a ghost town compared to Ho Chi Minh, i walked to the ocean and i was taken back to the beaches of the Gold Coast, it was comforting. The air is thick here which makes the mountains beside the sea look further away than what they actually are...the salt water is good for me.

i saw a little mouse on the beach, there frozen, i could see it breathing, i watched it closely and the first thing i thought was "where are all your friends little buddy?" and the second thing i thought was "i wonder if the Vietnamese people see me like i see this little mouse...where are all your friends little buddy"
i dont know, i guess a friend could just be the next stranger you meet, but here, trust is something different.
that feeling like it'd be nice for someone else to say your name out loud, cos its been a while- ive had that one now...

the sand has tiny little specks of fools gold and im glad i got that pedicure even though i was overcharged, maybe im made of fools gold or maybe im just a fool...either way im content to look down at my feet and have pretty red toe nails. i walked 14 km today and the sun burnt the back of my neck and the tops of my feet and palms of my knees. Its times like this i think maybe i should have packed sunscreen or a band-aid or had some kind of vaccination or told my family i love them haha #sodramatic."

No comments:

Post a Comment