Wednesday 21 May 2014

#welcomtovietnam...



an extract from my notes #abouttoday...

"Anh asked around to try and find witnesses while i sat in silence at the police station. no one saw anything or as he put it "they only see what they want to see"...
while the bare footed police men were smoking and laughing and questioning, Anh, a Vietnamese stranger i had met through our common enjoyment of bubble tea, sat with me for hours translating my iphone theft report. i spent the majority of the time in silence and there were moments of complete silence- the police officers looking at me and me looking back at them and in those moment we all thought alike and our thoughts were loud and i knew what we were all thinking "what are you doing here?" 

Yet none of this was enough to make me feel as uncomfortable as to get upset about it- i find its not so much the physical thing that gets taken from you that effects you but the experience that is given in exchange that stays with you; replying that moment over and over in your mind, wondering what you could have changed, wondering why humans do these things to each other.
Realizing that although you're just trying to be a human someone will always see you as a number or a piece of paper, a rain drop or a tiny needle and then you feel the weight of being nothing and it makes you forget for a moment why you try...

i looked at flights to hanoi, i dont know what im doing or where im going and my only plan is to continue to let myself be moved by #thehumanexperience... #whoneedsaniphoneanyway right? [i really miss my music...]

No comments:

Post a Comment