Wednesday 21 May 2014

#itisworthit...

#abouttoday...

"As Denny and i walked across the bridge into the city of Da Nang we talked about the english words she finds hard to pronounce; words like vegetables and passionately. We were on the hunt for the 'Bread of Life Cafe' and we found it! it was so great for me to be there as it had been recommended to me, because i'm studying sign language and all the workers there are from the deaf community in Vietnam. Bob and Kathleen, the owners of the cafe, took me on a tour of the whole place to show me how its run. They employ young people aged 16-26 some are only there for a few months and move on; while others stay and work there for years. The cafe has been going for 15 years. I enjoyed so much talking [with my hands] to Chuong, the head barista there. It was the most in depth conversation ive had here so far and i felt very content to leave De Nang after having that experience... 

I couldn't take my eyes off the landscape, my mind wanted so badly to sleep but the rest of my fought my mind and the rest of me won #thistime
On the train through the mountains and the ocean view and the beautiful adventure and i thought of not long ago when i held my sister or she held me and i wept and the strength of my weakness at that time and i felt slightly distant from that moment now but that's the feeling i left behind and i wondered what would be there, in its place, upon my return... i still have to finish sign school, i still have to go to court, my love is still silent, frank is still one year gone, my aunty is still dead, my family is still broken and i am, in most common human terms- alone; and yet in spite of this my hope is being restored, even to the point of growth and my spirit is strengthen in faith and at times i do forget why but i am consistent in my belief that living is worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment